A Horse Handlers Course can be arranged upon request. Often racecourses have personnel that receive this training but we can provide it for individuals or organisations who would have such a requirements.
The training can either be delivered at the College or on site, as long as the site has the appropriate equine facilities / horses.
This one-day course comprises:
- Approaching horses – Theory
- Approaching horses / fitting a bridle – Practical
- Lead and restrain – Practical
- Making a makeshift halter
- Catching loose horses
- Loading horses into horse boxes safely – (Optional)
- Un-tacking horses that are on the ground (winded, unconscious or dead) – Theory
- Question and Answer session
If delivered at NRC the cost of the course includes refreshments. Participants will receive a certificate on completion of the course.
Costs will be dependent on the numbers being trained and whether the training takes place at NRC or on site.
How to Apply:
Please contact Michelle Bardsley for further information
T: 01302 861000